(Maximum 14 students)
Through out the Building with Logs course students will employ the following skills as they develop though out this 4 week course.
- Methodology, history design and vocabulary
- Gas and electric chainsaw safety, maintenance and operation.
- Hand and power tool safety and handling.
- Wood tech – Harvesting, seasoning, repair and finishing.
- Project drawings and modular design.
- Still log flat surfacing using chainsaw free hand, Jig and wood Mizer band saw methods.
- Scandinavian Scribed Saddle Notched corners with self draining lateral groove log wall construction.
- French scribed Piece-Sur-Piece log wall construction
- Square Rule Post an Beam log framework using mortise and tenon, mitred half lap, dovetail and scarf joinery.
- Temporary foundations.
- Floor and Roof systems, structural beam sizing.
- Window and door openings
- Electrical and plumbing and finishing considerations.
- Label and assemble components of project
- 20% Theoretical
- 80% Practical
Photos Click on photos below for a larger image