(Maximum 14 students)
Through out the Timber Post and Beam course students will employ the following skills as they develop during this 4 week course.
- Methodology, history, design and vocabulary
- Production and inventory control, spread sheet
- How to interpret architectural drawings and develop shop drawing components.
- Wood tech orienting, finishing and repair of wood.
- Tool ID, use and sharpening of a large selection of power and hand tools.
- Timber layout using Square Rule on Centerline.
- Traditional joinery including mortise and tenon, dovetails, scarfs, knee braces, housed connections, etc.
- Layout, cut, label and assemble the frame work.
- Understanding building layout and foundation types for preparing and excavation project site.
- Understand and construct Infill wall systems.
- Understand types of roof structures and structural beam sizing ridge and purlin beams.
- 20% Theoretical
- 80% Practical
Photos Click on photos below for a larger image